- General Cleanup: Moving time is a great opportunity to PURGE! Remove and throw out any unnecessary files, boxes, papers, supplies, etc. Call 1-800-586-5872 (College Hunks Hauling Junk) for “junk” removal. Call Kidney Services (614) 351-2900 or the Salvation Army (614) 221-4269 to come pick up clothes, toys, furniture and other usable items that will not be needed or used in your new home. As part of our move package, All American Moving will haul away any appliances to be discarded at $20 per appliance.
- Small to medium sized plants, small fragile items, and other valuable personal property is best moved by YOU, especially if this is a local move.
- Pack each carton tightly to prevent damage and shifting of contents. Do not fill cartons over the top, since they are stacked during moving and contents may be crushed. Use tape sparingly – excess tape does not make the carton any stronger. Place two strips along seam of top and bottom of box. Label in BOLD any boxes containing fragile items, as contents in any boxes packed by owner are not subject to liability claims unless obvious mishandling is determined. All boxes moved by All American Moving MUST BE SEALED. We can provide you with wardrobe boxes for your hanging garments.
- All keys to locked items must remain in possession of customer.
- Place coat hangers in packing boxes.
- Glassware, china, and breakable items must be wrapped with paper toweling or newspaper to prevent breakage and packed securely in cartons. Label in BOLD these cartons containing fragile items, as contents in any boxes packed by owner are not subject to liability claims unless obvious mishandling is determined.
- Small articles such as pencils, pens, scissors, paper clips, erasers, rubber bands, etc. must be placed in sealed envelopes and then packed in cartons.
- Appliances: Refrigerators must be defrosted, empty, and unplugged prior to move. Washer, dryer, and stoves/ranges must be unhooked prior to move, and will not be re-hooked by All American Moving.
- Dressers: Depending on the location and the weight of the piece, the movers will relocate these items with drawers full. It may be necessary, though, for the drawers to be removed during the relocation. Please make sure you pack anything you do not want the movers to see that may be in the drawers.
- Specialty items: Such as grandfather clocks, certain pianos, pool tables, etc. will need special preparation for moving. Please discuss these items with your sales representative.
- Beds: All American Moving can disassemble and reassemble all of your beds and bedroom furniture if requested. You may consider doing this yourself if you are looking to save some money. WATERBEDS MUST BE EMPTIED PRIOR TO MOVE.
- Bookcases must have all contents removed and placed in packing cartons. Remove the shelf tabs and place in envelope and pack in carton. Leave the shelves taped together, labeled, and left in the bottom of the bookcase.
- Computers/Copiers/Typewriters/Office machines/Electronic equipment:
Back up all computer equipment and take your backup disk(s) with you.
Disconnect all cables and either pack them in bags, or tape them to your equipment.
For assistance with protecting your valuable computers and data, please call Blu-Star Computer Services at 614-888-1233. They are experts at backing up and archiving data, and can also help set up your computers after the move. Discounts are available to All-American Moving customers.